iftop

Chris Appleton appleton_chris at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 29 09:20:17 PDT 2003

--- Dan Nelson <dnelson at allantgroup.com> wrote:
> In the last episode (Sep 29), Chris Appleton said:
> > Could someone point me to anything in ports that does what iftop
> > does?
>
> Only if you tell us what iftop does.
>
> Have you tried ttt or trafshow?

Apologies.  I have a 4.4 install basically running as a filtering
bridge.  I would like to see source ip and destination and port if
possible for outbound traffic.  I'm obviously not very familiar with
the ports package but heard iftop (unix) would accomplish this.

Trafshow sounds like it might as well.  I've found a bit of help here
but get turned around a little with the curses library and colors I
don't think I need:

http://orange.kame.net/dev/cvsweb.cgi/trafshow/INSTALL?rev=1.1&cvsroot=apps

thanks again,
chris