NFS server redundancy/failover

Guy Van Sanden n.b at myrealbox.com
Mon Sep 29 03:24:37 PDT 2003

Hello

Does anyone know if and how it is possible to set up a redundant NFS server?
What I want to do is this, I have a primary NFS server that serves home directories and data storage.
I also have a second system with a lot of disk-capacity, I could set it up as a 'mirror' using rsync.
Now, when the primary NFS goes down, clients should automaticly look for the backup one.

My network is running both FreeBSD 5.0 (on the server) and Linux (Mandrake 9.1).

Thanks for any suggestions.

Kind regards

Guy