FreeBSD 5.1 + WaveLAN compatiable PCMCIA problems

Daniel Hawton daniel at hawton.org
Sat Sep 27 13:15:26 PDT 2003

I have an Orinoco Gold which is supposidely a WaveLAN compatiable card.
It has been detected by FreeBSD 5.1.  I execute ifconfig functions to
set the proper settings for my home, and then run dhclient wi0 to obtain
an ip address for it from my home DHCPd server.  When I do, I get the
following errors:
wi0: wi_cmd: busy bit won't clear
wi0: init failed
wi0: failed to allocate 2372 bytes on NIC
wi0: tx buffer allocation error (error 12)
wi0: interface not running

This is a GENERIC kernel, every document I read didn't say anything
about recompiling the kernel, so I didn't think I had to.

Any help would be much appreciated,
thanks in advance,
Daniel