System hangs on boot with USB mouse pluged in

stan stanb at panix.com
Sat Sep 27 13:04:07 PDT 2003

As of a fairly recent cvsup, my laptop has developed an anoying "feature"
If I leave the USSB mouse pluged in, it hangs hard during the boot procees,
requiring me to power cycle it. If I boot it WP the mouse pluged in, and
plug it in _after_ the USN detection (at boot) is doen, the it recognizes
the mouse, and it works corectly.

It did not have this prolem untill I cvsup'd recently. The mouse is the
only USB device that I'm uisng. The keyboard s PS/2.

Any ideas?

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin