RealTek Nic Chip

Tony A, Fields tafields at ucla.edu
Fri Sep 26 13:07:19 PDT 2003

Oh, I forgot to mention that even though the on-board nic is enabled what I
did see in the boot log as unknown was something like "if_fwe0 ethernet
over firewire" ??? Mystery to me. Also ifconfig shows

fwe0: flags = 8802 <BROADCAST, SIMPLEX, MULTICAST> mtu 1500
          ether xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
          ch 1 dma -1

where xx is the physical mac address. ????