make makesum build deinstall reinstall ???

Jim Flowers jflowers at ezo.net
Fri Sep 26 12:57:44 PDT 2003

I read this in somebody's post (thank you) in regard to using the sendmail
port to upgrade to 8.12.10 after changing the version in the Makefile.

It worked great but now I would like to know more about this method.  Are
these targets documented somewhere?  Are there limitations/dangers/gotchas
to watch out for?  I like to use the latest stable version of applications
but the port is often 1 or more versions back.

Thanks

--
Jim Flowers<jflowers at ezo.net>