Portupgrading ports with individual settings.

Michael Vondung michael at vcommunities.net
Thu Sep 25 06:05:20 PDT 2003

Very neophyte'ish question again, but:

I currently have Qt installed and now downloaded the distfile for a new
version. I'd like to compile this new version with the WITHOUT_OPENGL
option, which isn't the default. If I have portupgrade -ra do this, it will
use the default settings, I believe. How would I go about this? Should I
"make deinstall" the currently installed Qt version and then "make
WITHOUT_OPENGL=yes install" the whole thing? (and then update the rest of
the software with portupgrade -ra)

This seems a bit awkward, especially in regard to future versions. Is there
a better way?

Thanks for bearing with my fairly basic questions!

M.