antiviruos for FreeBSD mail server ?

Armand Passelac apasselac at free.fr
Thu Sep 25 00:39:22 PDT 2003

[---- On Wed, 24 Sep, 2003 at 15:58, srenna at vdbmusic.com wrote: ----]
> What do you think of Clam so far?
> I'm interested in checking something out

It's a good and free product.
It seems to work well.

But it's only a detect program. On the contrary some of other programs like sophos,trend micro, ... allow you to clean/put in quarantine/notify/ .

So according to me, Clam is just a free antivirus alternative.
I'm not sure that's the best way to use it as the main anti-virus solution into a production network.
For example, in my case, I use it as a second antivirus level :
I have a POP3/SMTP TrendMicro Antivirus in front (on Linux) and Clam on my FreeBSD.

In the community, the Vexira Antivirus seems to have a very very good reputation : http://www.centralcommand.com/vexira_mailarmor_linux.html

You can see this article for a good anti-virus list : http://www.tummy.com/articles/VirusScanners

And remember, two securities is better ... ;-)