package/INDEX on Mini-ISO (was: no subj)

Kevin D. Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P. kdk at daleco.biz
Wed Sep 24 07:50:59 PDT 2003

Jeremy Geiger wrote:

>I am new to FreeBSD, and when I am trying to install I get this message at the end "Unable to get packages/Index file from selected media"  I am using the 4.7 mini iso images and I got it off of the ftp.  Where do I get the index file from.
>
>Thank you
>
>Jeremy

Not sure, but it seems unlikely that the "mini" ISO
has any packages on it, hence, your error message.

You have a working system, right?  What package are
you trying to add?  Hook up to the 'Net and try again,
I imagine....even better, hook up and install via the
ports system.

Also, be sure and check out the handbook's
section on "installing 3rd party software."

HTH, HAND,

Kevin Kinsey