Sound

Micheal Patterson micheal at tsgincorporated.com
Tue Sep 23 21:49:29 PDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: <bylzz at bylzz.se>
To: <freebsd-questions at freebsd.org>
Sent: Tuesday, September 23, 2003 10:50 AM
Subject: Sound

--------------------------

>From a google search resulting in this:
http://www.freebsdforums.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=8606

Im getting the error message: "pcm0:play:0: play interrupt timeout, channel
dead" when i try to play any mp3-file with mpg123. I have FreeBSD 4.7 and I
have loaded the appropriate modules for my Yamaha ISA sound card. Does
anybody have a similar problem or know a solution?

EDIT: *****SOLUTION******
Open irq 5 for ISA devices in BIOS

I don't know if this will help you or not, but it's worth a try.

--

Micheal Patterson
Network Administration