FreeBSD on GigaByte GA-8EGXDR-E?

Tom Munro Glass gentoo at tmgcon.com
Tue Sep 23 18:42:22 PDT 2003

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the very informative reply. I have searched the 4.8 & 5.1
HARDWARE.TXT files and can find some but not all of the devices on this mobo.
So I think you have convinced me not to buy that particular board!

The other option that I have been considering is to buy a Dell PowerEdge
1600SC. I would be using the onboard SCSI Ultra 320 rather than RAID. I've
searched the mailing lists and newsgroups for information about this, and I
get the impression that the 1600SC is *probably* alright with FreeBSD 4.8,
but I'd really appreciate confirmation of this.

Regards,

Tom