Can't hear audio CDs (Asus P4P800 / Soundmax)

Vitalis vitalis at numericable.fr
Tue Sep 23 14:13:31 PDT 2003

Hi,

On my box there is an Asus P4P800 motherboard with an integrated
Soundmax soundcard. I can play audio files through it thanks to the
snd_ich and snd_pcm drivers. But when I play audio CDs, with cdcontrol
or X11 apps, no sound is heard, though the mixer settings are correct.

The audio tracks are recognized correctly by all players, they actually
seem to play them, but without any sound (which could be useful 8)

TIA

(FreeBSD 5.1-CURRENT)