[Fwd: Re: Sound Card - NOT]

C. Ulrich dincht at securenym.net
Tue Sep 23 12:09:50 PDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-09-22 at 21:43, Andy K wrote:
> Hi All
>
> Thanks C Ulrich, Ill give that a try - I have checked where the speakers
> are plugged in, all is good, I even tried the others just in case - can
> you recommend a good mixer program from the ports collection ?
> (Ports rawk)
>
> Andrew Kozak
>
> FreeBSD Rox My Sox !!

Just checked and it looks like there are a ton of mixers in ports.

cd /usr/ports/audio
make search key=mixer

Since I just got my sound working, I'm in the market for a mixer too, so
I just tried the small and easy aumix. I seem to remember that the sound
drivers in linux had a separate Mute setting for each channel, but this
doesn't seem to be the case with FreeBSD, since selecting mute just puts
all the sliders down to 0.

Oh well, it works! Now I just wish I could adjust the bass and treble
for my SoundBlaster Live...

C. Ulrich