FreeBSD,Linux and any other os besides Microsoft.

Todd Stephens tbstep at tampabay.rr.com
Mon Sep 22 20:20:29 PDT 2003

On Monday 22 September 2003 10:52 pm, Ajax Munroe wrote:

> I dont have a question but I would like to make a
> statement. I downloaded Freebsd version 5.0 release and unpacked it
> in great anticipation. I made a bootable CD (the best I could, It's
> not as easy as making a bootable windows CD) put the cd in my rom and
> found that BSD is not for me.

Well, you said it yourself; BSD is not for you.  Being computer literate
and being computer passionate are two different things.  If I did not
have so much fun in hacking through the system and getting everything
set up the way I want, I would have stuck with Windows as well.
Windows functions perfectly well as a home desktop; I just wanted more.

BTW, how is copying an ISO image of FreeBSD to a CD harder than copying
any other ISO to a CD?

--
Todd Stephens
ICQ# 3150790