FreeBSD,Linux and any other os besides Microsoft.

chael at southgate.ph.inter.net chael at southgate.ph.inter.net
Mon Sep 22 19:56:05 PDT 2003

FreeBSD is widely used as a server. Being such, hands on it are of
administrators which prefer the way it is, as is. It shines over ALL in the
use of command line.

I think you would be much better off trying Linux Mandrake instead.

----

      Hello,

             I dont have a question but I would like to make a statement. I
downloaded Freebsd version 5.0 release
             and unpacked it in great anticipation. I made a bootable CD
(the best I could, It's not as easy as making
             a bootable windows CD) put the cd in my rom and found that BSD
is not for me. Look, Im not trying
              to put BSD down or anything, I would love to have it on my
computer fully working so that I could
              use something other than Windows! Im by no means bored with
Windows, I find new and exciting
              things out with it all the time.I feel that im pretty literate
when it comes to computers, which brings
              me to this: You people have to make a product that is just
slightly more user friendly.Cant you
              think of a way to auto-mount your os like windows? Setting up
your os is like trying to work your
              way through a jigsaw puzzle.(Windows even partitions your
drive for you) If someone expects to
              challenge the makers of Windows they are going to have to come
up with a user friendly system
               like Windows where you have an easy command format instead of
what your trying to do. I mean
               come on, first you have to figure out what to partition the
drive in because you dont explain any
               of this, then you have to mount everything,which is beyond
the average users comprehension,
               then you have to figure out commands to pass along to the
kernel..etc...etc...etc. With Windows
               all you do is stick in the disk and it's all pretty straight
forward from there on out.

               Please, if you could just tell me of one of your systems
thats a little more user friendly I would
               love to use it, and tell all my friends about it too so that
they can spread the word about the new
               operating system thats fun and easy to use.

Your Friend;

AJAX