Cvsup refuse confusion

Charles Howse chowse at charter.net
Mon Sep 22 13:13:08 PDT 2003

> > I assure you, I have just browsed the German language handbook in
> > /usr/share/doc/~de.
> > I have not cd /usr/doc ; make install.
>
> Some of the stuff in /usr/share/doc comes with the system, installed
> out of /usr/src but the majority, installed under the locale specific
> sub dirs comes out of /usr/doc.
>
> > I never knew I had to make install in that directory, so
> how could that
> > have happened?
>
> The gory details are in:

    http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/fdp-primer/

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a German translation available.

You'll need to install quite a few extra bits of software in order to
build the documentation.

Bingo!  The packages and ports I've installed must have installed those
docs.
Thanks!