Patch SSH Not Work?

Brent Bailey mrb at bmyster.com
Mon Sep 22 07:00:12 PDT 2003

I ran into the same thing...i ran the patch as per the directions on FBSD
website
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/CERT/advisories/FreeBSD-SA-03:12.openssh.asc

but i still get the following:
sshd version OpenSSH_3.5p1 FreeBSD-20030201

when i do a ls -al on the /usr/sbin/sshd   it has the date as follows:

-r-xr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  151016 Sep 21 23:08 /usr/sbin/sshd*

that was the time i ran the patch...so i can only assume that the thing
was patched

is this the case or did i miss something ...when i did
# cd /usr/src
# patch < /path/to/sshd.patch
# cd /usr/src/secure/lib/libssh
# make depend && make all install
# cd /usr/src/secure/usr.sbin/sshd
# make depend && make all install
# cd /usr/src/secure/usr.bin/ssh
# make depend && make all install

everything seemed to go ok ... no errors...so did this work or not ?

thank you for all your help :-)
--
Brent Bailey CCNA
Bmyster LLC