mysql 4.0.14 LOAD DATA INFILE problems on freebsd 4.8

george donnelly list at zettai.net
Sun Sep 21 20:18:27 PDT 2003

hi all, is anyone else having problems with importing data files into mysql
4?

Regular users (who have all privs on their db's and usage on *.*) are unable
to import files into a mysql 4.0.14 install on freebsd 4.8. the error is
1045 access denied, when using LOAD DATA INFILE.

I have tried starting mysql client with --local-infile, --local-infile=0,
--local-infile=1, putting these values in my.cnf, starting mysql server with
these variables and even hacking the mysql port to enable this and yet
nothing seems to work. mysql always reports that the infile variable is on.

local_infile                    | ON

has anyone else experienced this? i have done a lot of work on this and am
out of ideas. can anyone suggest what strategies i might take with this
problem from here?

thanks

<-->
george donnelly ~ http://www.zettai.net/ ~ "Quality Zope Hosting"
Shared and Dedicated Zope Hosting ~ Zope Servers ~ Zope Websites
Yahoo, AIM: zettainet ~ MSN: zettainet at hotmail.com ~ ICQ: 51907738