ntop: Bad file descriptor on device 1

Pat Lashley patl+freebsd at volant.org
Sun Sep 21 11:37:56 PDT 2003

I've just installed the ntop port, on a 4.8-STABLE system that has
two NICs.  When I run ntop, it always gives me this error:

**ERROR** Reading packets on device 1(sis0): 'read: Bad file descriptor'

In this case sis0 is the second NIC listed.  If I swap the order in the
-i option, it will report the error on '...device 1(sis1)...'  In either
case, it does not report any data for that NIC.

My ports directory is up to date; but the -STABLE system was last
cvsupp'd and built on 25 April.

Any clues what might be causing this or how to fix it?

Thanks,
-Pat