KDE - icons and fonts not anti-aliased

Carey Jones mcj-tmda-dated-1064588781.0cec7d at bluetonic.org
Sun Sep 21 08:12:20 PDT 2003

On Sat, Sep 20, 2003 at 06:36:54PM +0200, Alexander Farber wrote:
> does anyone else has this problem as well? I've
> installed 4.8 a week a go, then upgraded it to
> -stable, then installed mplayer from ports which
> has also pulled qt. Then I've installed KDE 3.1.3
> from ports and the icons and fonts look jagged
> there. Also I can't enable anti-aliased fonts in
> KDE's menu Appearance -> Fonts: I set the checkbox
> in the dialog, but the next time I look at it -
> it is unchecked again.

I had similar symptoms once, and found out that somehow (probably through
some mistake of my own) my ~/.qt directory had been created owned by root
rather than my userID.  As soon as I chown'd the directory to the correct
userID, that Appearance -> Fonts checkbox worked as expected.

This isn't a sure fix for your problem, but it's worth looking at.

Good luck,

 -c