Mail Auth Daemon! how!

Dead Line dead_line at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 20 13:28:54 PDT 2003

Hello list.

    We are doing a Mail Server using FreeBSD 4.8-R,
    I succeed to install many web clients, such SquirrelMail, sqwebmail,
nocc
    and all it goes fine, when i try to logon to any login interface, it
always says incorrect user/pass

    So, i relized (and someone said) that i should have an Auth daemon, to
pass this user/pass
    to the system.

    I cannot find something called authdaemon to install, also CRAM-MD5 what
is it? how to run it?

    please any detailed advise will be appreciate it. we are  stuck here :-(

    thanks a much
    Marwan