Newbie MAKE question

Alastair G. Hogge agh at tpg.com.au
Sat Sep 20 12:19:13 PDT 2003

On Sunday, 21 September 2003 04:39, Erick Smith wrote:
> This really is a ridiculous question, but I don't have the answer, so here
> I am.
>
> I'm trying to build qt in the ports tree using:
>
> portinstall -f x11-toolkits/qt32
>
> What I WANT to do is specify WITHOUT_OPENGL as per the instructions:
>
> ===> **************************************************
> ===> NOTE: Use of WITH_OPENGL is not recommended with
> ===> the NVidia drivers provided by the x11/nvidia port
> ===> If you use these drivers, we recommend you press
> ===> Ctrl-C now and set WITHOUT_OPENGL
> ===> **************************************************
>

> From the port itself.  How do I do this?
Well lets see...it's late and I'm intoxicated.
"make WITH_OPENGL=x" x = yes|no
or
"make -DWITHOUT_OPENGL"
check out the handbook www.freebsd.org/handbook for far better information
then mine.

Now for portinstall. Type "man portinstall" and look for passing make varibles
thru porinstall itself. Example might be "portinstall x11-toolkits/qt32
-<what ever switch..that's for you to find out and for me to goto the bed>
WITH_OPENGL=yes"

> Thanks,
Hope it made some sense

> Erick