error with mysql when doing mysql -u root

Barry Hawkins barryhawkins at mac.com
Sat Sep 20 11:44:01 PDT 2003

On Saturday, Sep 20, 2003, at 12:06 US/Eastern, Jan van Stekelenburg
wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 20, 2003 at 10:31:43AM -0700, Shawn Guillemette wrote:
>> is there a way to reset the mysql root user passwd? I'm starting to
>> wonder
>> if I finger mumbled the passwd or something..
>
> It's written here:
> http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Resetting_permissions.html
>
> Good luck.
> Jan.

Shawn,
	After you reset your MySQL root user password, did you reload the
tables so that your new password would be recognized?  That is done
using either of the following:

mysqladmin -u root reload
mysqladmin -u root flush-privileges

NOTE: The "-u root" portion is based on an assumption that prior to
changing your password, the password had been blank.

Regards,
--
Barry C. Hawkins
All Things Computed