USB-console?

Daniel Johansson donnex at donnex.net
Fri Sep 19 10:01:33 PDT 2003

Hello dear FreeBSD users ;)

I've got a small question. Scince more and more companies take away the
old serialport on all new computers that the sell today we won't be able
to admin our servers with serialconsole, when one don't have network
etc. and don't want to have a screen + keybord next to the computer.

So what I was thinking about was if there exists or is plans on
developing USB-console or anything similar. Consoleaccess over USB. Sure
would be very handy and cool but maby that is not possible/wantable to
do?

--
Daniel Johansson - <donnex at donnex.net>