Cat a directory

Bill Campbell freebsd at celestial.com
Thu Sep 18 22:32:38 PDT 2003

On Fri, Sep 19, 2003, Karlsson Mikael HKI/SOSV wrote:
>OK! I admit that it isn't THE BIGGEST problem for me BUT it is A problem. What
>I ment in my last mail was that it is the biggest problem concerning cat. Since
>someone always seems to cat a binary file without having the knowledge of what
>it causes.

Teach them to use ``less'' instead of cat.  It doesn't have a problem with
binary files (and DOS/WIN users have to be retrained in any case since they
would normally use ``type'').

Bill
--
INTERNET:   bill at Celestial.COM  Bill Campbell; Celestial Software LLC

``Find out just what people will submit to, and you have found out the
exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them; and
these will continue until they are resisted with either words or blows, or
both. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom
they oppress.'' -- Frederick Douglass.