Basic printer setup (repost)

Jesse Sheidlower jester at panix.com
Thu Sep 18 21:22:03 PDT 2003

On Fri, Sep 19, 2003 at 12:23:52AM +0000, Lee Harr wrote:
> >I just want to be able to send jobs to the printer
> >and have them come out.
> >

> cd /usr/ports/print/apsfilter/
> make
> make install
>
> cd /usr/local/share/apsfilter/
> ./SETUP

Thanks. In the meantime, I had started to play around with
CUPS, which I got working for my local USB printer pretty
readily, but I couldn't get to handle an AppleTalk printer.
So I gave apsfilter a try, and having problems here too--
I managed to nuke my CUPS setup, and printing a test page
died with "nbp_lookup: Protocol not supported", even though
netatalk is installed on the system.

So I'm giving up now and will try again in the morning.

Jesse Sheidlower