OT: cvs/CVSROOT permissions

Andrew Stuart elitetek at tekrealm.net
Thu Sep 18 13:26:33 PDT 2003

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 at 12:45:35 +0100, Matthew Seaman wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 17, 2003 at 05:14:20PM -0700, Andrew Stuart wrote:
> > I know this really isnt the place for this question, but in the past
> > many OT questions have been answered.
>
> No good deed goes unpunished.

Tell me about it.

> > I am working on a local cvs repo, and everytime someone commits to
> > CVSROOT for one reason or another, it removes the execute privilages
> > off of the 'processing' scripts. I can go back in and chmod +x each
> > file after every commit (which isnt that often) but that gets lame
> > after a while, not to mention im not always around.
> >
> > So the question really is, does anyone know of an automagic solution
> > other then a cron job to keep the scripts +x?
>
> For all things cvs(1), run (don't walk) to http://cvsbook.red-bean.com/
>
> I believe the answer to your question is at:
>
>     http://cvsbook.red-bean.com/cvsbook.html#CVS_keeps_changing_file_permissions__why_does_it_do_that_
>
> 	Cheers,
>
> 	Matthew

Thanks. I have read over that, but somehow managed to overlook that
specific topic. Thanks for pointing out that I need a dunce cap again.
:)

I even downloaded it a few days ago and converted it into pdf for
reference, and still managed not to see it.

I guess thats what i get for being up for 72+hrs without sleep.

-Andrew

--
Andrew Stuart
http://www.tekrealm.net

Don't knock President Fillmore.  He kept us out of Vietnam.