Problem with shutting down/rebooting

Markus Svensson markus.svensson2 at spray.se
Thu Sep 18 10:59:14 PDT 2003

Hi all!

I'm having a bit of a problem with my FreeBSD 5.1-R-p5 machine.
If I issue the command "shutdown -h now", the system starts it's
shutdown process. This is the output I get:

writing entropy file
saving firewall state tables
syslogd exiting on signal 15
waiting (max 60 sec) for system process vnlru to stop....stopped

After this, the machine stops responding and just sits there forever,
never unmounting the filesystems and halting.

Anyone has any idea as to what's going on here?
Oh, and the problem first came up, IIRC, after switching the vga card in
the machine (from nVidia to ATi).

Thanks in advance!

MvH
Markus Svensson
markus.svensson2 at spray.se
--
"Britain and France had to choose between war and dishonor. They chose
dishonor."