Ipfw on the fritz?

Josh Paetzel friar_josh at webwarrior.net
Thu Sep 18 10:41:04 PDT 2003

On Thu, Sep 18, 2003 at 05:21:36PM +0000, Mark wrote:
> [...]

Looks like that is what is happening here.

> Is there an ipfw patch somewhere, so I can rebuild the kernel? I do not wish
> to perform a cvsup, as that tends to make the system unstable. But if I can
> compile a new kernel on a Vmware box, and then copy over /kernel to the real
> server, well, that I dare give a try.
>
> Thanks,
>
> - Mark

I don't know if an ipfw patch exists or not.  I'm tempted to say there probably
isn't, but I could be way off base there.  I don't know what you mean about cvsup
making the system unstable, I've had very good luck tracking RELENG_4_8, which is
nothing more than 4.8-RELEASE with bug fixes.  As far as running a new kernel, you
can't run a new kernel on an old userland, that will break numerous things on your
system. :-/

Josh Paetzel