AlphaStation 200/4

Danny onegative at valornet.com
Thu Sep 18 06:32:58 PDT 2003

Hello All,

I am still not understanding the problem I am encountering while installing FreeBSD 5.1 on my AlphaStation 200/4.  I have tried both the SRM version 7.0 and 6.5 firmware but have yet to succeed in seeing the Configuration GUI.  When I boot the CDROM image, the boot process looks normal, OSF Pal successful, kernel begins loading, looks like a disk probe is running, and then  I get the prompt to Hit Enter or wait the 10 seconds for the autoboot, the machine starts booting, I then get a CPU halt with an Error Code = 5, and then the processor reboots and I begin the same process over and over again.  I have tried to find an explanation of why this might be happening through the documentation and other mailing list but I can not seem to find any specific information regarding this behavior.  Any and ALL help would be greatly appreciated.  I am at a loss.  Thanks.  Danny