questions regarding sound driver

ALIAS liuyang99 at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 17 17:52:55 PDT 2003

i can't seem to get my sound to work, i've installed freebsd and got it
working before but don't remember how and everytime i try to open up a mpeg
file it says

Sound server informational message:

Error while initializing the sound driver:
device /dev/dsp can't be opened  (Device not configured)

The sound server will continue, using the null output device.

i've added the device pcm to my kernel and i've configured the
/boot/loader.conf and added snd_pcm_load="YES" and used kldload snd_pcm.ko
and the error message is still coming up can someone help me? i have a sound
blaster sound card.