[OT] replacing fan with mismatched specs

Bill Moran wmoran at potentialtech.com
Wed Sep 17 17:27:29 PDT 2003

This is terribly OT, but I'm asking here for two reasons:
1) I have no idea where else to ask
2) I know that someone on this list will know the answer

Here's the problem.  I have a switch that has a fan in it that failed.
I need to replace the fan.  It's a 40MM .22Amp 5V.

I can't find a fan with those specs anywhere!  The best I can find is
a 40MM .13amp 5V.

So, will that fan work?  With the amp rating different like that, will
the fan just burn out?  Will it run just fine?  I'm going to be really
upset if I have to replace the entire switch because of one fan!

Advice is appreciated.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies