sophos on freebsd

Murray Taylor murraytaylor at bytecraftsystems.com
Wed Sep 17 17:25:07 PDT 2003

We are running sophos on all our platforms..

We are using the sophos enterprise management tool internally
to manage / update all the winblows desktops etc etc

All FreeBSD boxen (particularly the samba and imap hosts) run sophos
locally via cron, with a master 'repository' FBSD box fetching engine
and ide updates every 4 hours or so, then rsyncing to the other FBSD
boxen..

And we run the Sophos + Mail Marshal bundle on a W2k server inside the
DMZ. This bundle added policy controls to the basic antiviral sophos
product

HTH
mjt

On Wed, 2003-09-17 at 13:26, synrat wrote:
> Has anyone setup virus scanning for e-mail and/or files shared via Samba ?
> I'm wondering if I need to buy sophos antivirus only, or both antivirus
> and "mail monitor" from sophos. Suggestions, feedback and links are
> appreciated.

> This Email has been scanned for Viruses by MailMarshal.
Murray Taylor
Special Projects Engineer
Bytecraft Systems & Entertainment
P: +61 3 8710 2555