problems with buildworld

Kenton Brede kbrede at revelation.unomaha.edu
Wed Sep 17 09:27:44 PDT 2003

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003, Kenton Brede wrote:

> I've attached "uname -a" and the last part of the compile process when
> "make buildworld" quits.  Basically the last line ends with -
>
> /usr/src/usr.sbin/ipsend/../../contrib/ipfilter/iplang/iplang_y.y:24:
> sys/stat.: No such file or direcory
>
> The process stops when it reaches "#include <sys/stat.^@>" line 24 in
> iplang_y.y

<snip>

I think there is a memory problem on the system.  I talked to the
person who installed the OS and she said she had a core dump after the
install.  The compiler was having internal errors as well.  The iplang_y.y file is
certainly corrupted with all the "^@" characters I found throughout the file.
Could a cord dump cause this file to become corrupted?  Anyway once I cleaned that file
the buildworld process completed.
Kent