FreeBSD or WinXP????

Lucas Holt luke at foolishgames.com
Wed Sep 17 07:55:58 PDT 2003

Define what you mean by web scripts...

If you are referring to a scripting language.. including php, perl,
python, or even ASP/VBScript then either platform would work (although
you couldn't test ASP in freebsd natively)

If you mean compiled stuff like java, you are also ok.  Now platform
specific stuff might not be so friendly.. like say a C cgi, .NET code,
etc.  Matching the type of server its going to run on would be good
here.  (or close)  Technically though you could write the source on any
platform and upload it.