can't start apache

H. Bartel lists at u-rep.com
Wed Sep 17 02:11:54 PDT 2003

Hi,
I just installed freeBSD for the first time and now I'm trying to get apache running. When running "apachectl start" I get the following error:

"Could not determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 127.0.0.1 for Servername
httpd not running, trying to start
(13) Permission denied: make_sock: Could not bind to address [::]:80
Unable to open logs"

When running "sudo apachectl start" I only get this:

"Could not determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 127.0.0.1 for Servername"

Any help or ideas would be apprecciated, thanks,
Holger