``Invalid partition table'' with two FreeBSD slices.

Lewis Thompson purple at lewiz.net
Tue Sep 16 14:33:45 PDT 2003

Hi,

I've tried to add a second slice to my disk and now the system won't
boot.  I get ``Invalid partition table'' just after the POST.  I can't
quite understand why, because before I did this I had ad0s1, which
booted fine.  After that there was lots of free space.

  I added ad0s2 from a bootable mini CD -- I made it use all the
available space at the end of the disk.  I wrote the partition table and
selected to install the standard bootcode (not the boot0cfg-style one).
I didn't write any bsdlabel stuff.

  Any ideas?  I'm quite confused.

-lewiz.

--
I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now.  --Bob Dylan, 1964.
-| msn:purple at lewiz.net | jab:lewiz at jabber.org | url:http://lewiz.net |-