Resizing FreeBSD partitions/filesystems

Kyryll A Mirnenko mirya at ukrpost.net
Mon Sep 15 02:57:55 PDT 2003

 I have HD splited as folows:
 [FAT32] [--free-400M--] [FreeBSD]
 On other hand, FreeBSD partition contains next
 [SWAP] [/tmp] [/var] [/] (/ contains /usr)
 I need to add those 400M to / filesystem.
 The best way, I think, is to move FreeBSD partition to the blank 400M block start, then enlarge FreeBSD partition to tose 400M now laying after it, then enlarge / with growfs as it's the last filesystem.
 The poblem is that I don't know HOW to do it. First, I can't move FreeBSD partition or add free space to it: DOS Powerquest Magic can't do this, I have no other tools. Second, I've never used growfs and need short description of it (mans're too overloaded).
 Please, send solutions!
 Remember, I've nor free space neither fast enough FTP to backup there

--
Укрпост - продвинутая почта. http://www.ukrpost.net/
IMAP POP3 NNTP RSSNews Unicode.