how long is installation time

David L dlodeiro at inspired.net.au
Sun Sep 14 08:27:17 PDT 2003

16mb of ram and you want to run KDE? I dont think that all that good an idea.
Try a light weight window manager  this site

http://www.plig.org/xwinman/others.html

has a list of heaps of different windows manager and desktops, try something
labelled as minimalistic eg. fvwm or xfce maybe.

As far as installing it is concerned, your best bet is to go through
/stand/sysinstall and select configure, then distibutions and select the
Xfree distributions. once that is installed configure your x server (
configure=> xserver configuration once again in /stand/sysinstall )
and then install your windowmanager.

Hope that helps

David