Soft shutdown when using power button with ACPI ...

Damien Touraine webmyster at addoc.u-psud.fr
Sun Sep 14 05:22:45 PDT 2003

Hello,

my computer is running FreeBSD 5.1 and I would like to know how to
configure FreeBSD to recognize when I press the power button to do a
software shutdown.

Actually, this computer was previously configured with Linux and under
Linux, and there was a daemon that was listening for the ACPI buttons.
Thus when I pressed the power button, it runs the configured command (ie
: "shutdown -h now"). Under FreeBSD, when I press the power button, the
system directly power off without doing any software shutdown.

Is there any way to configure FreeBSD to do a soft shutdown when I press
the power button ?

Friendly
    Damien Touraine