Xterm-color

Daniel Bye dan at slightlystrange.org
Sat Sep 13 18:24:42 PDT 2003

On Sat, Sep 13, 2003 at 06:43:24PM -0400, Bob Hall wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 13, 2003 at 06:22:29PM -0400, Todd Stephens wrote:
> > Probably a no-brainer, but how can I make my xterm start as xterm-color?
> > If I want color ls, I have to type TERM=xterm-color from the command
> > line every time I start a new terminal window.  What file do I need to
> > edit to make X start with xterm-color?
>
> ~/.Xdefaults
> ---------------
> xterm*background: green
> xterm*foreground: yellow
> xterm*highlightColor: purple
>
> I don't necessarily endorse those color choices.

But those colours are so beautiful in combination...  ;-)

Set

XTerm*termName: xterm-color

as well, if you want to be certain that anything that cares about ${TERM}
gets an appropriate value.

Dan

--
Daniel Bye

PGP Key fingerprint: 3B9D 8BBB EB03 BA83 5DB4 3B88 86FC F03A 90A1 BE8F
                                                                     _
                                              ASCII ribbon campaign ( )
                                         - against HTML, vCards and  X
                                - proprietary attachments in e-mail / \