Problems Compiling Apache with Mod_Perl and Mod_SSL

Jason L. Schwab jlschwab at jlschwab.com
Sat Sep 13 15:11:08 PDT 2003

Heya Folks;

	System Specs:

	FreeBSD 4.8-STABLE
	OpenSSL 0.9.7a (OS Installed)
	Apache 1.3.27
	Mod_Perl 1.28
	Mod_SSL 1.3.28 / 2.8.15
	Perl 5.8.0 (ports/lang/perl58 installed)
                   (use.perl port)

	I have tried many, many ways to get mod_ssl and mod_perl to
	compile on many servers, all with near same configurations,
	with absolutely no luck.

	All I can ever to get to compile is either just mod_ssl, just
	mod_perl, and with same configurtation options, I can get it
	to say and show and compile SSL and modperl, but "httpd -l"
	shows no mod_perl ? only mod_ssl, or vice versa!

	Altho, when the above happens, apache's configure shows it
	adding both SSL and ModPerl uses Config/End Config/Start,
	normal stuff, and it even goes thro the directories for the
	compile and has no errors.

	I have read atleast 100 if not more pages on google, news
	groups and else, and have tried all these steps and config
	uration options that people have suggested with no such
	luck!

	So What I am asking of you folks is if any one has any ideas
	or if anyone has this same configuration, but has made it work
	please reply and let me know! ;).

	Thanks a million!

-
Jason L. Schwab