56k pccard modem connect speed?

fbsd_user fbsd_user at a1poweruser.com
Sat Sep 13 07:19:22 PDT 2003

Once user ppp makes the connection and the line speed is set, any
self adjustment to the line speed made by the modem is not captured
by user ppp.  Furthermore I have not seen any (modem terminal
servers) that captures and report on this ether. Some pci modem mfg
have added an I-reg to capture the max and mim line speed during an
modem session which can be accessed using Hayes 'AT' commands after
the online modem session has completed. There is no way to see this
speed as it changes to compensate for line noise.