Q's on dump(8) and restore(8)

Mark Terribile materribile at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 13 00:00:12 PDT 2003

Hi,
     I'm looking to improve and automate my primitive
backups and I'm considering dump(8)/restore(8).  But
before I go this route, I'd like to be sure I can
control their behavior.  Unfortunately, the man pages
don't seem to completely describe the interaction
between the numerical dump flag in /etc/fstab and
the dump level.  Can anyone elucidate?

     In the same vein, does anyone know the
`modified tower of Hanoi' algorithm the man page
recommends?

                                   Mark Terribile