cvsup syntax questions... and what's the difference between branch and release tags?

Val Smith vmsmith at grokking.org
Thu Sep 11 16:58:22 PDT 2003

Why did you add the "_0_RELEASE" at the end of your src-all, ports-all and doc-all tags?

FWIW this is what I use for 5.1 Release and never had any problems except I occasionally change the mirror name if the connection seems bad with one in particular:

*default host=cvsup10.FreeBSD.org
*default base=/usr
*default prefix=/usr
*default release=cvs