how to update source tree without cvs?

Lowell Gilbert freebsd-questions-local at be-well.no-ip.com
Thu Sep 11 06:09:30 PDT 2003

yew chin <yutaka82 at yahoo.com> writes:

> hell all, i have freebsd 4.7 but due to the firewall
> configuration in my school, i can't be able to cvsup.
> if i want to upgrade to 4.8 or update all the security
> patch?
> what should i need to do?
> is there anyway to update the src and ports
> application without using cvsup?
> thanks for looking and answering.

The FreeBSD handbook covers doing it with CTM as well, which should be
accessible via FTP and maybe HTTP.  Specific file versions can be
obtained in a number of ways, according to the FreeBSD web site, and
it's possible that you might be able to use cvs through your firewall,
even if you can't use cvsup.