RAS for FreeBSD

Gil Virtucio gihl at nesic.com.ph
Wed Sep 10 18:46:29 PDT 2003

Hi. I need an advice on how to set-up a RAS on FreeBSD.
We were previously using BSDi with a Digiboard PC XEm
pci card conneted to a digibox with about 40 - 50 modems
on our RAS server. BSDi has a ppp shell which we assign
to new users when their accounts are created. And their
dial-up sessions are recorded into /var/wtmp which we
later on use for billing.

Is there a way to setup a RAS on FreeBSD? and is there
also a way to be able to let a database engine
(MySQL, Postgres,etc) keep the users list so that the
dial-up users wouldnt have to be added to
/etc/master.passwd?

I would appreciate any URL or any hint about how to
accomplish this. Thank you very much.

Gil Agno Virtucio
Janitor/Collector/Messenger
NEC System Integration and Construction Philippines Inc.
15th Floor BPI Buendia Center
Gil Puyat Ave. Makati City 1200
Cellphone : +639163989695
Office Phone: +6328914167