Best FTPD...

Nicole nicole at daemontech.com
Tue Sep 9 15:51:23 PDT 2003

 The best ever FTP daemon (and client) I have used is NCFTPd  whish I think is
at ncftpd.com it's not free, but I have had to upgrade it I think once in 4
years for a security issue. Thats really good and well worth the little cost if
you need the extra features. (it has a free version)

  Nicole

On 09-Sep-03 Unnamed Administration sources reported Incredible Networks said :
> Hi,
>
> I need an FTP Server for FreeBSD 4.8 that complies with the following:
>
> 1. Anonymous (Read Only) and Authenticated (Read/Write) Access
> 2. Listens on multiple Interfaces (one for anynomous)
> 3. Anonymous Access redirect to specific location (partition)
> 4. Cannot Browse root (cd /) and expose directory structure (folders)
> 5. Can support Active Transfers (not passive)
> 6. Fast and Robust
>

> Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, and installation pointers
> (configuration) would even be better!
>
> Currently running FTPD (Standard FreeBSD FTPD), but you can browse the whole
> server. :(
>
> I got the latest Ports Collections under /usr/ports
>
> Regards
> Schalk

                     |\ __ /|   (`\
                     | o_o  |__  ) )
                    //      \\
 -  nicole at daemontech.com  -  Powered by FreeBSD  -
 " Daemons" will now be known as "spiritual guides"
-Politically Correct UNIX Page

"Witchcraft is in essence the worship of the powers of this world,
 beautiful and terrible, but all in a circle under the turning sky
 that is the One."     -C.A. Burland, "Echoes of Magic"

"Connecting with energy is something humans have to be open
 to and talking about and expecting,  otherwise the whole human
 race can go back to pretending that life is about power over others
 and exploiting the planet.  If we go back to doing this,
 then we won't survive."      -James Redfield, "The Celestine Prophecy"