Joining SAMBA-domain

Peter Ulrich Kruppa root at pukruppa.de
Tue Sep 9 01:32:43 PDT 2003

Hi,

I am trying to set up a SAMBA-PDC for our school's network and
find a strange Problem with two Win2k workstations.

When I try to join the SAMBA domain I receive an error which says
the user account - I am using root - is unknown.

I call this "strange" because other Win2k machines on the very
same subnet work correctly - and what is even stranger:
I can manually access all server shares, when I use root's
account.
(Of course I did a 	net use * /d	and set back the machines
to a workgroup before I tried to join the domain)

Please mail any ideas, I have got to get things working the next
days.

Regards and thanks,

Uli.