USB controller SiS 5571 chipset

Todd Stephens tbstep at tampabay.rr.com
Mon Sep 8 16:20:17 PDT 2003

Running 4.8 RELEASE

I have a question regarding this hardware.  I have googled, found
several problems related to it, but no solutions.

My dmesg under FreeBSD shows that this is an OHCI chipset, but it
absolutely does not work under FreeBSD.  I checked my Slackware-Linux
dmesg output, and it appears to be recognized as UHCI there (and works
under Linux).

If I were to disable OHCI in the kernel and leave only UHCI, would this
cause any potential lockups of my system since FreeBSD obviously thinks
the device is OHCI?  I'd very much like to get my USB CF card reader
working again.  Thank you.

--
Todd Stephens